Friday, September 9, 2016

Why I am a Hot Mess Mama, and Why I Embrace It

Welcome to my new blog. Third time is a charm, right?

I wrote my first blog was about being a Navy wife facing deployment. My next blog was when I was a new mom and thought (like many of us do rounding out that first year) that I was a child expert sent to rain down knowledge.

This blog is an acknowledgement of the fact that I am a hot mess. I don't have all the answers, and I am embarking on a new life style in a new town.

Fit Mom, Crunchy Mom, Over Achiever Mom, Church Mom, Mean Mom, Sanctimommy, Free Range Mom...check your box, right?

Those titles used to make me feel super comfy. I wanted to find where I fit and know that I fit there, and make sure everyone else knew where I fit too. But now I fully believe if there was a Group called "I Don't Really Know What the Fuck I Am Doing, Don't Judge Me" that a lot of us go there (only of course after creating a fake Facebook account to make sure non of the moms from the park recognize us).

"Hot Mess Mama" is the best way sum up this phase of my mom journey. We just went through the worst relocation in human history for my husband's new job, we are settling in a new town where I know NO ONE and now do not work for the first time ever. My little girl is almost three (and has turned in to a completely different person). To top if off,  I gained 20lbs during our move and decided to grow out my pixie cut. Let me tell you, it's really awesome making all new friends wearing the same two pairs of yoga pants every day and rocking a stellar mullet.

Despite all that, I am throwing myself out there in every possible way because this is the life we want, and I live for the craziness of it.  Land, staying home with my kid, simplicity, a fresh start: this is it. Fortunately yoga pants are the staple mom uniform and I am not the only person in town with a mullet.

This is our new life. I am going to learn how to put food that I grow into cans despite never having kept a house plant alive. I am going to finally pursue working from home on things that I love. I am going to convince my husband that an acre is completely suitable for a small, adorable llama farm...

I am going to ditch all the bullshit and embrace the Hot Mess that I am while I figure it all out....and I am going to share it with you.

Sounds fun, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment